Our mission is to make disciples of Jesus who walk in the freedom that comes from being rooted and grounded in the love of Christ, love God with all their heart, soul, mind, and strength, love their neighbors as themselves, and share the Gospel with love and boldness.
at 10:30 AM
A Letter for Our Church
Dear Church Family,
As a result of the Coronavirus, the TAS campus is closed to TIC through February. Last night the elder board met together to discuss these 4 options for continuing the service:
1) Holding a Livestream only.
2) Holding our service and normal programs in another venue.
3) Holding a service without children and youth programs.
4) Holding a service and asking only those 13 and older to attend.
We considered what the government has mandated, what schools and universities are doing, and we prayed. It was a difficult and emotional discussion, as there were strong feelings on both sides. There was also a strong desire for unity and we realized proponents of differing views were motivated by love. On one hand, love that desired to protect family members from potentially being exposed to the virus. On the other hand, love that desired to enable those who earnestly desired to be able to gather together in worship. As we realized that we had differing views and opinions, we once again returned to prayer asking God for his wisdom. Our desire was unity and we came up with the following solution:
1) We will hold a limited service for the next three Sundays at the Chientan Youth Activity Center. The directions are at the end of this letter.
2) In alignment with the government closing primary and secondary schools, we will not have nursery, children, or youth programs during the month of February.
3) We will continue with the Livestream and will stream the entire service.
4) Right after the service, we will host online sermon discussion groups for those who participate at home to connect with each other and pray for one another.
We ask that families with children remain home during this period and participate through the Livestream. We also ask those who need to take precautions because of age or other health reasons to participate online. We would urge anyone who is concerned about being in a large group meeting to participate online. We would ask those who have visited China, Hong Kong, or Macau in the last 14 days to participate online. Anyone who is sick should stay at home. For those who understand the potential risks and still desire to gather and worship in person, we will hold a worship service.
At the Door
1) You must wear a facemask to participate in the service. No one will be allowed to enter without a face mask.
2) Your temperature will be checked in order to enter the service. No one with a fever will be allowed to enter.
3) Please wear your blue lanyard name tag. If you do not have a lanyard you will be given a name tag.
4) Everyone will check into the service as normal.
5) Your hands will be sprayed with hand sanitizer as you check-in.
6) Please do not shake hands. Please refrain from physical contact and wear your mask at all times.
Please be aware of the risks of gathering in a large group during this time. We will do our best to take every precaution we can, but if you have any concern, please participate online.
During this time we will continue with online prayer meetings, classes, and Sunday Sermon discussion groups. We urge you to participate in an online group and stay connected to our TIC family. You may sign up for any of these meetings by clicking here.
Sundays: 11:45 AM - 12:25 PM (right after the service ends)
Sermon Discussion Groups (Online)
Led by various leaders
Sundays: 8:00 - 9:00 PM (starts Feb 16th)
Cleansing Stream (Online)
Led by Pastor Peter
*Workbook required; details shared when you register
Tuesdays: 7:30 - 9:00 PM
Romans Bible Class (Zoom)
Led by Jevon
Wednesdays: 8:00 - 9:00 PM
Spiritual Warfare (Online)
Led by Pastor Peter
Thursdays: 8:30 - 9:05 PM
Prayer Meeting (YouTube)
Led by Pastor Peter
If you would like to sign up for an online class please fill out this form: https://forms.gle/JyKv8vnTToYqx9se7
We will also look at adding additional content to our podcast, Facebook, and YouTube channels. Please pray for TIC, that we would grow stronger together through this period and draw near to the Lord. Let’s pray that God would bless our efforts to connect our community online. If you have any questions please feel free to reach out to me through email email@example.com or Facebook if you have questions or concerns.
Pastor Peter Palma
Taipei International Church